Magento is an e-commerce platform built on open source technology which provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system, as well as control over the look, content and functionality of their online store. It offers powerful marketing, search engine optimisation, and catalog-management tools.
It is an open-source e-commerce platform written in PHP. It is one of the most popular open e-commerce systems in the network. This software is created using the Zend Framework. Magento source code is distributed under Open Software License (OSL) v3.0, an Open Source Initiative (OSI)-approved license, which is similar to the AGPL but not GPL compliant.
The software was originally developed by Varien, Inc, a US private company headquartered in Culver City, California, with assistance from volunteers.
More than 100,000 online stores have been created on this platform. The platform code has been downloaded more than 2.5 million times, and $155 billion worth of goods have been sold through Magento-based systems in 2019. Two years ago, It accounted for about 30% of the total market share.
Varien published the first general-availability release of the software on March 31, 2008. Roy Rubin, the former CEO of Varien, later sold a share of the company to eBay, which eventually completely acquired and then sold the company to Permira; Permira later sold it to Adobe.
On November 17, 2015, Magento 2.0 was released. Among the features changed in V2 are the following: reduced table locking issues, improved page caching, enterprise-grade scalability, inbuilt rich snippets for structured data, new file structure with easier customization, CSS Preprocessing using LESS & CSS URL resolver, improved performance and a more structured code base.
It provides two distinct platforms: Magento Open Source (previously Magento Community Edition) and Magento Commerce; the latter is available in an on-premises version (previously Magento Enterprise Edition) or as a platform-as-a-service (previously Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition). There were also two former platforms, Magento Professional Edition, and Magento Go.
It offers a variety of plug-ins and themes which can easily enhance a customer’s experience. There are a lot of aspects to the online store which need to be configured, and how well that is accomplished is often dependent on business acumen. When it comes to custom functionality.
It is designed to be utilised as an application by someone who isn’t a developer. The Magento community is extremely large and very helpful.
It provides Ajax Cart, Cache, Faster Search, Smarter Product Creation, Improved Data Filtering, Multiple Admins, Navigation Improvements, Better Hosting Environments, Products Videos , Versatile Content Management, Mobile-Friendly Configuration, Built-in Upsells and Cross-sells, Easy Third-party Integrations, Customize Security Permissions, Saves time and money , A Gigantic Community and many more,
About Magento Certifications: There are mainly eight Magento Certifications are available.
- MAGENTO2 CERTIFIED SOLUTION SPECIALIST : Magento2 Certified Solution Specialists have demonstrated a thorough understanding of how to leverage Magento2 functionality to satisfy eCommerce business goals according to best practices.
- MAGENTO2 CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL FRONT END DEVELOPER : The Magento2 Certified Professional Front End Developer exam is designed to validate the skills and knowledge needed to understand Magento’s theming components and the ability to modify the user interface.
- MAGENTO2 CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE DEVELOPER EXAM : This exam is for a developer who is beginning their career as a Magento Developer and is designed to validate the student’s skills and knowledge of Magento2 in the areas of: UI modifications, database changes, admin modifications, customizations, catalog and checkout structure, and functionality changes.
- MAGENTO2 CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPER : The Magento2 Certified Professional Developer exam, a primarily scenario-based exam, is designed to validate the skills and knowledge needed to customize Magento2.
- MAGENTO2 CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPER PLUS : This exam is for a senior Magento2 developer/architect with 2 years of experience in customizing different areas of Magento Commerce, leading team(s) of Magento developers, leading projects, making key technical decisions on a Magento project, and working with customers to build project requirements.
- MAGENTO CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL CLOUD DEVELOPER : This exam will validate the skills and knowledge needed required to deploy, test, troubleshoot, and operate in the Magento Commerce Cloud environment, including how to leverage Cloud platform features to enhance your project operations and performance.
- MAGENTO2 CERTIFIED ORDER MANAGEMENT DEVELOPER : The Magento2 Certified Order Management Developer Exam is designed to validate the skills and knowledge needed to understand and successfully deploy Magento Order Management with focus on integration and the ability to properly leverage the Magento Commerce Connector.
For More Information Regarding Certification Click Here🙂 Happy Coding. Keep Liking & Sharing 💻